MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Chat about VENTURI, Delorean & Kitcars

User avatar
User

Martin Guard

Rank

Non Member

Posts

64

Joined

Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:08 pm

Location

Bewdley. Worcs.


Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby Martin Guard » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:01 pm

1988 MVS Venturi 260 for sale at auction on Saturday 23rd August 2014
http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk
Could be a good buy if at the estimate of £4-6k.
Anyone know this car (reg. F353 JVS)?
Were 260's made in 1988?
A110 Berlinette. Venturi Atlantique 300
User avatar
User

mettersl

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1576

Joined

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Location

Saffron Walden- North Essex


Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby mettersl » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Is this the car that was on E bay a while ago? That was a black 260 wasn't it? Sold as a non runner having been stored for ages. Wont be quite so good now after a year or two in some ones garden...

Same day as Goodwood....
User avatar
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1303

Joined

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Location

Horley - Nr Gatwick


Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby darrenbiggs » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Are you coming to Goodwood Lee?
I'm just here for the gasoline.
User avatar
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1014

Joined

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Location

Bedfordshire


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby PaulC1959 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Martin Guard wrote:Were 260's made in 1988?


No it is a 200, the 260's were not announced until the back end of '89 so deliveries probably began 1990 onwards. Additionally the road springs on this are white, (See final photo the front spring can just be seen), 260's have blue springs. This is likely to be chassis number VK8 CUP 221 89 CH 0120

This is correctly called a MVS Venturi, though it is often referred to as a 200 due to its quoted output. This models engine is apparently identical to the GTA V6 Turbo and this includes the ECU, either 501 or 502. The 260 has a bespoke ECU making the 200 model an easier car to maintain within this club/community. Gear box is also the same except there was no need to turn the final drives upside down as it is mid engine as opposed to rear engine.

:angel
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Blue)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
User avatar
User

miles thomas

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

725

Joined

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 pm

Location

west sussex


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby miles thomas » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:39 pm

:geek: no offence Paul :wave
Spider,GTA Le Mans,Clio Tce,Clio RS 200 ECD.
User avatar
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

5122

Joined

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Location

Sandbach


Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:22 pm

PaulC1959 wrote:
Martin Guard wrote:Were 260's made in 1988?


No it is a 200, the 260's were not announced until the back end of '89 so deliveries probably began 1990 onwards. Additionally the road springs on this are white, (See final photo the front spring can just be seen), 260's have blue springs. This is likely to be chassis number VK8 CUP 221 89 CH 0120

This is correctly called a MVS Venturi, though it is often referred to as a 200 due to its quoted output. This models engine is apparently identical to the GTA V6 Turbo and this includes the ECU, either 501 or 502. The 260 has a bespoke ECU making the 200 model an easier car to maintain within this club/community. Gear box is also the same except there was no need to turn the final drives upside down as it is mid engine as opposed to rear engine.

:angel


Image

I agree this was on ebay a while ago and fetched about £5k from memory. Obviously not an easy fix and they are punting it on. Needs to go to Clee for repair/resurection :up
1994 A610 - Montana Red
Some GTA/A610 Parts For Sale:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/hertzvanhire/ ... pg=&_from=
User avatar
User

mettersl

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1576

Joined

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Location

Saffron Walden- North Essex


Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby mettersl » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi Darren,
I don't have a suitable car, but I'm doing a delivery/collect service for Marks second one (Clio V6) so I'll be there for the day....provided it is back from the garage by then...

Didn't book hotels, and they seem to be full so it'll just be for the day...
Hope to see you there (whilst I try to avoid bidding on a Venturi)

Cheers
Lee
User avatar
User

darrenbiggs

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1303

Joined

Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:03 pm

Location

Horley - Nr Gatwick


Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby darrenbiggs » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:44 pm

Good stuff Lee. Hope to see you on Saturday then. That Venturi would be a project....
I'm just here for the gasoline.
User avatar
User

Martin Guard

Rank

Non Member

Posts

64

Joined

Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:08 pm

Location

Bewdley. Worcs.


Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby Martin Guard » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:47 pm

It went for £4042 inc premium. Anyone we know bought it?
A110 Berlinette. Venturi Atlantique 300
User avatar
User

mettersl

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1576

Joined

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Location

Saffron Walden- North Essex


Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby mettersl » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Not me....although my bid was closer than the auctioneers attitude would have made me think. If he'd played it better he might have got a higher commission bid from me. Probably for the best just now as I have two projects and a house to do first....
Lee
User avatar
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1014

Joined

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Location

Bedfordshire


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby PaulC1959 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:03 am

Martin Guard wrote:It went for £4042 inc premium. Anyone we know bought it?


Probably on the high side of just about alright without having seen it in person, though I would have personally only gone £3000 on it as even in top spec I would suggest £10000 is likely to be top money for a 200 especially as the last two sold for £10000 and £9000.

It is also very likely to need chassis work as well as the obvious stuff like paint, interior and getting the engine up and running right. Mine needed £1500 of chassis welding just after I bought it a few years back!!!!
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Blue)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
User avatar
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1014

Joined

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Location

Bedfordshire


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby PaulC1959 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:05 am

BIG_MVS wrote:
PaulC1959 wrote:
Martin Guard wrote:Were 260's made in 1988?


No it is a 200, the 260's were not announced until the back end of '89 so deliveries probably began 1990 onwards. Additionally the road springs on this are white, (See final photo the front spring can just be seen), 260's have blue springs. This is likely to be chassis number VK8 CUP 221 89 CH 0120

This is correctly called a MVS Venturi, though it is often referred to as a 200 due to its quoted output. This models engine is apparently identical to the GTA V6 Turbo and this includes the ECU, either 501 or 502. The 260 has a bespoke ECU making the 200 model an easier car to maintain within this club/community. Gear box is also the same except there was no need to turn the final drives upside down as it is mid engine as opposed to rear engine.

:angel


Image

I agree this was on ebay a while ago and fetched about £5k from memory. Obviously not an easy fix and they are punting it on. Needs to go to Clee for repair/resurection :up


Coming from Miles and Martin I take this as a compliment!! LOL
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Blue)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
no avatar
User

ren5gord

Rank

Non Member

Posts

49

Joined

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:00 am


Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby ren5gord » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi Guys,

It was me who took a punt on the Venturi. Always wanted one since my Dad had one in at work.

I can do most of the work myself but might need some help sourcing parts.

Ian,
User avatar
User

mettersl

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1576

Joined

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Location

Saffron Walden- North Essex


Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby mettersl » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:36 pm

Congratulations Ian,
Let us know how you get on...
Cheers
Lee
User avatar
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1014

Joined

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Location

Bedfordshire


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: MVS Venturi 260 for sale

Postby PaulC1959 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:28 pm

ren5gord wrote:Hi Guys,

It was me who took a punt on the Venturi. Always wanted one since my Dad had one in at work.

I can do most of the work myself but might need some help sourcing parts.

Ian,


Hi Ian

Well done on the auction, I hope the car is in better nick than my pessimistic side suggested above and great news to hear you can do most of the work yourself that should keep the costs down. If you need any help then don't be afraid to get in touch with me, I will help whenever I can.
:up
Paul
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Blue)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Next


  • Advertisement

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ® | Renault' and 'Alpine' are trademarks of Renault S.A.S. or its subsidiaries and are used with kind permission of Renault France