Tom

Rank

Non Member

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:06 am

Adelaide, Australia

Fuel Pumps

Postby Tom » Sat May 19, 2018 11:34 am

Hi All

I recently got the GTA out of the shed for some TLC as it has been sitting for way too long.

Was idling ok but, when I went for a drive, after a while it was evident that any increased throttle would have very little effect on engine revs. There was no jerkiness, just slowly losing more and more throttle response and power. Eventually it stopped altogether. At first I thought I ran it out of fuel (even though gauge read 3.5 gal). Added about 4-5L of fuel but could not get her started again. If I did run it out of fuel should it take much to get it restarted once adding some fuel? I turned it over many times to no avail.

Fuel pump relay clicks and I can hear the rear pump when switching ignition on. I'm thinking it could be the front pump. Would appreciate some pointers on how to prove if this is in fact the case. I haven't removed either pump from the car before. I assume to get to the front pump I need to jack the car and access from underneath after removing the under tray?

Also - In case I do need to get a new pump/s I have done some research on this forum and the standard pumps seem to be:

Front: Pierburg - 7 20694 13 7 310

Rear: Bosch - 8 580 484 027

I have not had any luck finding either of these part numbers online. Are they no longer available?
I've read about some alternative pumps for big horsepower applications but I would be just after something close to standard that fits without any mods.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Tom
'88 GTA Turbo
'85 R25 GTX
User

r5gordini

Rank

Non Member

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Re: Fuel Pumps

Postby r5gordini » Sat May 19, 2018 12:32 pm

If you did want to upgrade the rear, I have a Sytec equivalent to the Bosch 044 pump with some fittings and some brackets. Reduced price due to slight scratches incurred as I was trying to fit it to my A610. Let me know if you're interested

Andrew
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Re: Fuel Pumps

Postby clee » Sat May 19, 2018 1:10 pm

I can supply both pumps OE spec.

• Advertisement