Club Member

Club Member

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

Saffron Walden- North Essex

Re: new year new car gta v6 gt

Postby mettersl » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:13 pm

IMG_0245.JPG

Hi John,
Here are the pictures, I think that your theory will work, if you'd like my old needle valve I can post that to you so,you can file it down in preparation!
As you can see, with the top hexagon intact, you can't get the needle valve out.
Turned down it should work, its close with the normal flange.
The dirt in the carb and needle valve means that it's a good thing that most of the rest of the fuel system is new.
Thanks
Lee
IMG_0246.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

JohnC

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Jersey C.I.

Re: new year new car gta v6 gt

Postby JohnC » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Hi Lee,
Thanks for the pics and nice to get answers to my theory. It really was just my thinking in case your pin would not budge. Thanks for the offer of the old one, but I won't take it any further at the moment. Now that we know, from your experience, that the pin can be drifted out with reasonable ease, that's what I will do if mine gives trouble, but thanks.
If one had to file or cut the hexagonal peaks off, it looks as if you would have to take the brass peaks down to match the diameter of the round section between the hexagons. It certainly would take quite a bit of time.
Keep us informed on your progress with your Atmo ..... maybe we will see it in Macon next year ferry permitting.
All the best
John
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2002 Daihatsu Sirion 1.3SE
Previous

• Advertisement