OK - a quick update...
I totally bodged up removing the inlet manifold
- requiring me to take the turbo to someone to remove a couple of snapped studs - one from the turbine exhaust housing and another from the big bracket that holds everything together... I am pretty upset with myself as if I'd only read the manual it would have saved me a lot of bother. Oh well. Live and learn!
I have decided on some injectors:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221756514759? ... EBIDX%3AIT
They are Siemens Deka 660cc ones. A friend came round at the weekend and was discussing that he'd used them on his R21 Turbo and they work just great! I was concerned about low duty cycles at idle and part throttle openings but apparently they are designed to be very linear and controllable. Now need to save some pennies to buy them, because I just ordered this wideband O2 controller and sensor:http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=327
I've decided to mount it towards the end of the down pipe - it's just far enough away from the turbo there. I'll need some heat insulation for the wiring because it's right in amongst the exhaust manifold and the down pipe. Bonus is that the place that's sorting my snapped studs can also weld in O2 sensor bungs! They are 5 mins down the road. I was going to go to somewhere 45 mins away, so that's useful.
I had a day off work yesterday to make some significant progress. I have pretty much laid out all the wiring for all the sensors, etc. but want to redo the knock sensor and TDC sensor wiring as the cable I bought from eBay is a bit large in diameter and I'm not very happy with it, so I ordered some screened cable from EFI parts.
In order to minimise RFI from the injector and ignition wires I have totally re-organised the way the wiring works. My basic rule is:
Anything that goes "to" the engine or that controls anything on the engine goes round the left-hand side of the bay;
Anything that receives anything from the engine goes round the right-hand side of the bay;
Except for the boost control and evap control solenoid, which have to be on the right hand side; and the wideband O2 sensor, which has to be on the left-hand side (probably).
I twisted and grouped all wires and have ended up with an engine bay that looks like this:
I haven't screened the sensor wires (except TDC and knock sensors) but they are already done better than OE so I hope that will be good enough.