stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: Water hoses

Postby stephendell » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:46 am

simontaylor wrote:So what are these hoses like? Quality, Fit and branding?
I should be looking for a set shortly.
Not sure if to choose Samco-blue at £495 or Simon-Auto-black at £100 less?
Sort of prefer black a bit, but did they come with clips too?

You can have the Samco in Black for the same price but realistic lead time is currently 12 weeks / 3 months from receipt of payment. Simon quality and fit nothing like as good as Samco but you get what you pay for. Neither include clips. Samco have clip kits but they aren’t particularly cheap. So if you fancy a winter project best order now!
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 4, GTA Turbo x 3, R21 Turbo GpN, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Derbyshire

Postby clee » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:07 pm

Meh ...I was told Black is a special order colour so will take 5 months, well mine did anyway ...
RATS' hoses on the shelf and shipped next day ...just saying..pays yer money takes yer choice .
User

Alpine Tom

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Sheffield

Postby Alpine Tom » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:05 pm

Well so far not happy at all with the Simon hoses @ £400.

I have had to cut down 6 of the 6 fitted, all three sides of the water pump and all 3 down at the oil cooler, having not done this before perhaps this is just how these things are supplied but....

My main gripe is that the lower hose to the water cooler 061123 is no way the correct diameter, it’s way too small to slide over.
It seems the lower two pipes on the oil cooler are the same 061123-24. One fitted just, it had a 2016 manufacturing date but the 2014 manufacturing date hose has no chance at all.

I’ve emailed Simon for a correct replacement I’ll let you know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GTA roulette all in on a blue one!
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Postby stephendell » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:40 pm

Simon quality and fit nothing like as good as Samco but you get what you pay for.

As I said above, Samco fit fine out of the box but the current lead time is unacceptable to most.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 4, GTA Turbo x 3, R21 Turbo GpN, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart
User

Alpine Tom

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Sheffield

Postby Alpine Tom » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:56 pm

Andreas at Simon has emailed back straight away which is encouraging, just sending in photos in just now.

I have realised that it was the 2014 that fitted, the 2016 one didn’t, not the other way around
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GTA roulette all in on a blue one!
Previous

• Advertisement