Venturi body parts?

Chat about VENTURI, Delorean & Kitcars

Moderators: eastlmark, PaulC1959, PaulyA610, Test Moderator

User avatar
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

5500

Joined

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Location

Fleet, Hampshire


Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby simontaylor » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:55 am

and make sure the seller knows it is going to a good home....... rather than be cut up for the sum of its parts. It is a piece of history about to be saved, cherished and used again.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
no avatar
User

Ventrev

Rank

Non Member

Posts

15

Joined

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:22 pm


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby Ventrev » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 pm

PaulC1959 wrote:Hi Ventrev

I am sure if you explain where you are with the car at the moment and ask Philippe to enquire as to the bumper price he will be fine, I have always found him to be most helpful.

Door mirrors are originally Citroen CX phase 2 but after that found their way onto many other cars such as Lotus Esprit, Most or the 90's TVR's, Marcos, Jaguar XK220, A few 90's Aston Martin's and the McLaren F1 and a few more I can't think of at the moment. So not as hard to find than you would think, bound to be an old scrapper XK220 or McLaren F1 lying in a field somewhere!!!

To identify the car there is a chassis number plate that is sited under the bonnet, as there is no bonnet should be easy to get to and photograph, once you have that I should be able to tell you what it is and when it was made, chassis number is 17 digits long and should begin with VK8.

As far as price goes use your judgement and start low, you have a bench mark of £4000 for the black one that needed a lot of work and then gauge the reaction and offer a bit more each time you are turned down is my advice.

OK then. But maybe I should email him instead of calling. That way it's less intrusive and he can get to it at his best convenience. Since at this point it's pretty speculative.

Yes I know the mirrors are from the CX and I have already actually located a couple of pairs. Not much of a problem finding them.

The wheels though I couldn't find any. But they are basically identical to the Ferrari 348 wheels and that I could easily find. Although the Venturi's are 16" and the Ferrari's 17". No idea if the bolt pattern are the same or if they would fit. But 348 wheels are readily available and would take even Venturi experts a double take to spot them. At least till I could find the original wheels. Although the design being on the 348, maybe I could find replicas in 16". Again, just till original wheels pop up.

The car now sits of black steel winter type of wheels.

The thing is I don't have easy access to the car. I would still need to go through an acquaintance to see the car again. So the next time I see it I want to be ready to make an offer. I don't want to keep going back and forth there to look at it again, take pictures etc. I don't want to make a big deal about it, you know. So I won't be able to check chassis etc before. But to be honest I'm not worried if it's a 200 or 260. The cars look basically the same and horse power can probably be increased anyway. I would think 260's fetch more money, but I'm not worried about that either. I want the car for me.

I was thinking of an Esprit but I like this much better. The Esprit is more like a Lamborghini type of car. It's more super car, with the bad driving position, more difficult to live with, lower etc. The Venturi is more like a Ferrari V8 or Aston Martin. More GT and easier to live with it seems.

Speaking of the Esprit, a friend of mine which I showed a Venturi picture to joked that I could probably just get a Lotus bumper to put on it and nobody would notice the difference. Or at least use it as a base to modify it to match the Venturi bumper. But he agrees with me that the Venturi is better looking.

But what is the average asking price for a running car? Is 17K about right? Knowing that will help deciding if it's worth getting this car after I have figured how much I would have to spend to get it right. If I have to spend close to what I would pay for a running car, then I guess there's no much point.
no avatar
User

Ventrev

Rank

Non Member

Posts

15

Joined

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:22 pm


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby Ventrev » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:23 pm

simontaylor wrote:and make sure the seller knows it is going to a good home....... rather than be cut up for the sum of its parts. It is a piece of history about to be saved, cherished and used again.


To be honest I don't think he cares either way. I think he doesn't even know the car's history.
User avatar
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

5231

Joined

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Location

Sandbach


Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby BIG_MVS » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:00 pm

This should help:

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auct ... s-venturi/

I would stick my neck out to say a fully sorted 200 should be worth £15-20k.
1994 A610 - Montana Red
Some GTA/A610 Parts For Sale:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/hertzvanhire/ ... pg=&_from=
User avatar
User

simontaylor

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

5500

Joined

Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Location

Fleet, Hampshire


Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby simontaylor » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:55 pm

i 2014, i think this Auction car was around the 5K mark(complete guess from memory) but did not start and surface rust underneath completely and some good rot too.

http://www.renaultalpine.co.uk/download/file.php?id=210&mode=view courtesy of Ren5Gord (AKA Ian)

I would offer 4-6k to start with, maybe go to 7 but it is no where near a mint car today so cant demand anything more.
1986 : '86 GTA v6 BW-EFR turbo, with Adaptronic ECU
Firsts at
2007 : Gurston Down & RAOC Champion
2008 : Rushmoor & Eelmoor & ACSMC Hillclimb class Champion
2009 : Longcross & Eelmoor
2010 : Crystal Palace & Eelmoor
2016 : Rushmoor & 5th O/A
User avatar
User

Martin Guard

Rank

Non Member

Posts

79

Joined

Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:08 pm

Location

Bewdley. Worcs.


Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby Martin Guard » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Just a thought... didn't Paul Dobrowski change the front bumper of his 200 before he sold it to Philippe? He was talented enough to have made a mould. Might be worth a msg.
A110 Berlinette. Venturi Atlantique 300
User avatar
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1099

Joined

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Location

Bedfordshire


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby PaulC1959 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi

The wheels are not the same as Ferrari 348, similar but not the same, however I did once see a LHD Venturi on replicas of this wheel type, the original Venturi wheels are by a French company called Dial. Stud pattern is the same as the Renault 25 turbo as the brake discs are from the R25 turbo, 5 studs/holes and not 4 like the GTA.

Another way of going with the wheels could be the wheels from the 260 LM version, a sort of stripped out version celebrating Venturi competing at Le Mans. They where released with OZ Racing Chrono competition 17" wheels. They would be a suitable substitute as they are used on another Venturi model and could be left on the car and not changed to the original type? Most 260 LM wheels were white though some were silver and less in your face.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
User avatar
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1099

Joined

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Location

Bedfordshire


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby PaulC1959 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Martin Guard wrote:Just a thought... didn't Paul Dobrowski change the front bumper of his 200 before he sold it to Philippe? He was talented enough to have made a mould. Might be worth a msg.

I did mention that earlier.... How is you fella? Still running around in that British Racing Green and gold sportster?
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
User avatar
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1099

Joined

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Location

Bedfordshire


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby PaulC1959 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:55 pm

PaulC1959 wrote:
Martin Guard wrote:Just a thought... didn't Paul Dobrowski change the front bumper of his 200 before he sold it to Philippe? He was talented enough to have made a mould. Might be worth a msg.

I did mention that earlier.... Also sent him a text. How is you fella? Still running around in that British Racing Green and gold sportster?
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
no avatar
User

Ventrev

Rank

Non Member

Posts

15

Joined

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:22 pm


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby Ventrev » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:06 pm

BIG_MVS wrote:This should help:

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auct ... s-venturi/

I would stick my neck out to say a fully sorted 200 should be worth £15-20k.


Ok. So the going price is slightly less than the Esprit? The Esprit being much more common I would have thought they would be cheaper. But then again they have started shooting up in price for 2 years now. Maybe because they are also more well know.

By the way, I would guess nobody knows what a Venturi is out on the road. What kind of comments do you get on your 200, 260 and 300 Venturis? Do many ask if it's a Ferrari or something? Just curious.
no avatar
User

Ventrev

Rank

Non Member

Posts

15

Joined

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:22 pm


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby Ventrev » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:09 pm

simontaylor wrote:i 2014, i think this Auction car was around the 5K mark(complete guess from memory) but did not start and surface rust underneath completely and some good rot too.

http://www.renaultalpine.co.uk/download/file.php?id=210&mode=view courtesy of Ren5Gord (AKA Ian)

I would offer 4-6k to start with, maybe go to 7 but it is no where near a mint car today so cant demand anything more.


I think this is the same car which recently sold for 4k?

Or do Venturi rolling chassis and project cars pop up often?

4k is a good idea to start, yes.
no avatar
User

Ventrev

Rank

Non Member

Posts

15

Joined

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:22 pm


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby Ventrev » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:15 pm

PaulC1959 wrote:Hi

The wheels are not the same as Ferrari 348, similar but not the same, however I did once see a LHD Venturi on replicas of this wheel type, the original Venturi wheels are by a French company called Dial. Stud pattern is the same as the Renault 25 turbo as the brake discs are from the R25 turbo, 5 studs/holes and not 4 like the GTA.

Another way of going with the wheels could be the wheels from the 260 LM version, a sort of stripped out version celebrating Venturi competing at Le Mans. They where released with OZ Racing Chrono competition 17" wheels. They would be a suitable substitute as they are used on another Venturi model and could be left on the car and not changed to the original type? Most 260 LM wheels were white though some were silver and less in your face.


The OZ wheels from the 260 LM is an excellent idea! Thanks. Like you said, I could as well leave them on as Venturi used them.

But I worry they would look out of place without the LM ground effects. The LM has a different bumper, or is it just an add on chin spoiler? It also has side skirts, or maybe the whole side body is different instead of being an add on? So maybe the 17" would look too big without the extra body work?

The 348 wheels though are almost identical, even if they are not the same. You have to really look closely to see the difference.
User avatar
User

PaulC1959

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

1099

Joined

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Location

Bedfordshire


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby PaulC1959 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:26 am

Hi

How about a compromise on the wheels, go 16" OZ Racing Chrono wheels as per the original Dial wheel size instead of the 17" OZ's?

Body work wise are we to assume there are no side skirts visible currently?

260 LM body and later 260 APC body are the same including the front and rear bumpers. The front spoiler and bumper are all one piece and the side skirts are part of the body. Early 260 APC's had the same bumper/spoiler as the later version/LM but with a side skirt set that looked more of an after thought as opposed to the all in one skirts and body of the later versions.

The earlier 260 SPC was not given a side skirt set though some may have been retro-fitted. Front bumpers/spoilers tended to be an adaption on the 200's theme with a splitter added.

There was a pre 260 SPC that was known as the 2.80 and this had bodywork the same as the 200's, no skirts or splitters on the bumper/spoiler.

Hope this helps.

Top: With the Ferrari Copy Wheels
Middle: 260 SPC
Bottom: Early 260 APC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Venturi 260 - Saphir (Bleu)
Renault Sport Megane 230 F1 Team R26 - Liquid Yellow
Renault Megane Maxim 1.5 DCi - Extreme Blue (Daily Runner)
Minari RS - Coral Red
Smart Roadster Coupe 80 - Spice Red
no avatar
User

Ventrev

Rank

Non Member

Posts

15

Joined

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:22 pm


Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby Ventrev » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:40 pm

PaulC1959 wrote:Hi

How about a compromise on the wheels, go 16" OZ Racing Chrono wheels as per the original Dial wheel size instead of the 17" OZ's?

Body work wise are we to assume there are no side skirts visible currently?

260 LM body and later 260 APC body are the same including the front and rear bumpers. The front spoiler and bumper are all one piece and the side skirts are part of the body. Early 260 APC's had the same bumper/spoiler as the later version/LM but with a side skirt set that looked more of an after thought as opposed to the all in one skirts and body of the later versions.

The earlier 260 SPC was not given a side skirt set though some may have been retro-fitted. Front bumpers/spoilers tended to be an adaption on the 200's theme with a splitter added.

There was a pre 260 SPC that was known as the 2.80 and this had bodywork the same as the 200's, no skirts or splitters on the bumper/spoiler.

Hope this helps.

Top: With the Ferrari Copy Wheels
Middle: 260 SPC
Bottom: Early 260 APC


Paul, you are a living encyclopedia on Venturi. Great info! Thanks for that.

I suspected there were only 3 different bumpers but had no idea of the details.

I'm also surprised to learn the side skirts on the APC and LM are part of the body. Do you mean the mold bellow the belt split or really together with the whole door and quarter panels? Are the Venturis two single body shells joined at the middle like the Esprit by the way?

And is the added splitter on the SPC front bumper part of the bumper or attached to it?

Great idea about the 16" OZ Racing Chrono wheels. So you do agree that 17" without the extra aero kit might look too big?
The replica Ferrari 16" wheels on that car look great and hard to tell from the original by the way. My worry with replica wheels is safety. Some of them are cheaply made and unsafe.

On a different note, since we are talking, what else do the Venturi 200 series use from other vehicles?

The engine and gearbox are from the Alpina, the windscreen and side glass is from the Fuego. Is the rear window and quarter windows original?

Switch gear seems to also be Renault. But I guess the dash is original? Gauges too?

Steering column and box are probably also Renault?

I guess the chassis is original? But what about suspension?

Tail lights are E30 BMW. Headlights? Turn signals? Fog lights on bumper are just generic Hela lights?
User avatar
User

BIG_MVS

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

5231

Joined

Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:12 am

Location

Sandbach


Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Venturi body parts?

Postby BIG_MVS » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:02 pm

You not bought it yet!?

Go round with an envelope of crisp 20's totalling £2000 and tell the fella you will do him a favour and take it off his hands.

Tell him the last one was £4000 complete. It's not going to be easy tracking down all the bits but should be a great project to get your teeth into. With it being LHD it will command a higher price when it's done if you decide to sell.

And it's Alpine not Alpina.... :wave
1994 A610 - Montana Red
Some GTA/A610 Parts For Sale:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/hertzvanhire/ ... pg=&_from=
PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | Renault' and 'Alpine' are trademarks of Renault S.A.S. or its subsidiaries and are used with kind permission of Renault France
cron