no avatar
User

LMS

Rank

Non Member

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

New A110 coolant levels

Postby LMS » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:42 am

Sorry if this should be in the main A110 thread but I thought it important enough to warrant a warning to owners:

CHECK YOUR COOLANT

Sorry about the photo's being mixed up - I can't seem to work it out...

Removal of the engine cover takes 30 seconds - remove three twist screws in boot compartment and then undo the 8 dzus-style fasteners and the cover comes away. Replacing it is a bit more of a pain as the dzus-style fasteners have too much play in them so are difficult to line up. Way I did it was to fix the top left and right hand fasteners to hold the cover in place and then did the middle fasteners up and then the bottom left and right.

Thanks to reprs this was on my radar as he said he had to top up levels at 2600 miles.

I've done my weekend checks and I'm at 1408 miles. Oil was fine but coolant:

left hand reservoir: right on the minimum mark after 1408 miles...

right hand reservoir : low but not on minimum.

As reprs had previously observed the right hand reservoir is poorly placed for filling. Third photo is my A110 refill kit (TM) - flexible silicone funnel from Amazon and a length of garden hose. Funnel squeezes inside hose easily and it is then simple to fill right hand side.

It took 700ml to top up the coolant- I'll keep an eye on it and hope it isn't a sign of problems.

Last photo is for comedy value. After looking at yet another owner's manual with beggar all useful information in - No info on fluids- merely look at service manual that we don't have....- I've found the useful page for anyone who has a spare wheel (I didn't know it was an option) If you don't know where your spare wheel is look at the image- it is on your passenger seat and is the reason why your passenger hates travelling in the car....

Car is great. Hope the coolant "issue" is not an issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

London

Re: New A110 coolant levels

Postby stephendell » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:16 pm

Sorry if this should be in the main A110 thread but I thought it important enough to warrant a warning to owners:

No not at all makes sense as you can’t have everything just in one thread. I will look at adding a subsection for the new car and then you can have as many topics as you like.
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 4, GTA Turbo x 3, R21 Turbo GpN, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart

• Advertisement