photobucket

Renault & Alpine General Discussion

Moderators: eastlmark, phildini, BIG_MVS, Test Moderator, Alpineandy

no avatar
User

jagcat12

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

94

Joined

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:01 pm


Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

photobucket

Postby jagcat12 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:16 am

I am sure we will all have noticed that photobucket photos cannot be viewed unless you upgrade to their premium version at a cool $399 . Suggest that in future not to use.




Dave g
User avatar
User

The Saint

Rank

Administrator

Posts

1133

Joined

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 am

Location

Rugby Warwickshire


Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: photobucket

Postby The Saint » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:07 pm

I have given up asking members to use the "uploads" on this forums, so we host the pictures.. :Douh
The Saint.
Blue A610,
Black Smart Roadster.
SmartEDElectric Drive
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

2138

Joined

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

Location

East London


Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: photobucket

Postby eastlmark » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:11 pm

never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, Clio cup racer- for sale- (X85), Clio 200 (X98) clio 182 (X65) (Riku's), Renault sport twin turbo in Black (van), Spider (Xciting) Clio220 Trophy.
User avatar
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Posts

1406

Joined

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Location

Kent


Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: photobucket

Postby Tony Smith » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:53 pm

£2 a month, not sure where £399 comes from - maybe for the top package. I'm lazy so I pay the £2 odd a month.
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

2138

Joined

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

Location

East London


Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: photobucket

Postby eastlmark » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Tony Smith wrote:£2 a month, not sure where £399 comes from - maybe for the top package. I'm lazy so I pay the £2 odd a month.


Its not you that pays Tony, its RAOC
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, Clio cup racer- for sale- (X85), Clio 200 (X98) clio 182 (X65) (Riku's), Renault sport twin turbo in Black (van), Spider (Xciting) Clio220 Trophy.
User avatar
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Posts

10422

Joined

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Location

Derbyshire


Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: photobucket

Postby clee » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:59 am

Business to business charges.Always rack up the pennies.
User avatar
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Posts

1406

Joined

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Location

Kent


Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: photobucket

Postby Tony Smith » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:25 am

eastlmark wrote:
Tony Smith wrote:£2 a month, not sure where £399 comes from - maybe for the top package. I'm lazy so I pay the £2 odd a month.


Its not you that pays Tony, its RAOC


What, photobucket charges sites that I upload to? So they bill RAOC? Never heard this before. What if RAOC don't pay?
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
no avatar
User

Irish GTA

Rank

Non Member

Posts

42

Joined

Tue May 26, 2015 2:46 pm

Location

Lichfield, Staffordshire


Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: photobucket

Postby Irish GTA » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:00 am

Surely the point is that if someone posts pictures via photobucket, they will not be seen by other members of the site. So why do it?
Use the site upload instead.
User avatar
User

JohnC

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

2163

Joined

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Location

Jersey C.I.


Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: photobucket

Postby JohnC » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:07 am

If you want to view a photobucket blacked out picture on any particular existing post, you could try this.
On that post, go to the top of the post and click on the "quote" icon. The post will now appear in a portal. Scroll down to the photobucket address which will end in the following:-

_zpszrfisdtc.jpg[/img][/url]

Next put the flashing icon between the jpg and [/img], and type in ... ~original ... as below:-

_zpszrfisdtc.jpg~original[/img][/url]

Once you have done that, go to the bottom of the page and click on "Preview" ...... the whole post can now be read including the original picture/s.
If there are more than one picture on the original post, it will be necessary to do the insertion on each photobucket address.
It works for me and is free ....... at the moment. :up
This is only for viewing existing pictures on old posts ....... for new pictures I post, I use the upload facility. :)
1990 GTA Atmo, 2003 Jaguar X type 2.5SE Auto, 2018 Kia Picanto GT-Line-S 1.25
no avatar
User

eastlmark

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

2138

Joined

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm

Location

East London


Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: photobucket

Postby eastlmark » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:34 am

Tony Smith wrote:
eastlmark wrote:
Tony Smith wrote:£2 a month, not sure where £399 comes from - maybe for the top package. I'm lazy so I pay the £2 odd a month.


Its not you that pays Tony, its RAOC


What, photobucket charges sites that I upload to? So they bill RAOC? Never heard this before. What if RAOC don't pay?


You having a vague moment Tony? its for third party images ie if others want to view your photo's on a forum such as this. all you are paying for is advert free photo hosting.
never thought I would want a list but now find myself needing one just to remind me: Clio V6 230, Clio cup racer- for sale- (X85), Clio 200 (X98) clio 182 (X65) (Riku's), Renault sport twin turbo in Black (van), Spider (Xciting) Clio220 Trophy.
User avatar
User

clee

Rank

Non Member

Posts

10422

Joined

Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 am

Location

Derbyshire


Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: photobucket

Postby clee » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:40 am

JohnC wrote:If you want to view a photobucket blacked out picture on any particular existing post, you could try this.
On that post, go to the top of the post and click on the "quote" icon. The post will now appear in a portal. Scroll down to the photobucket address which will end in the following:-

_zpszrfisdtc.jpg[/img][/url]

Next put the flashing icon between the jpg and [/img], and type in ... ~original ... as below:-

_zpszrfisdtc.jpg~original[/img][/url]

Once you have done that, go to the bottom of the page and click on "Preview" ...... the whole post can now be read including the original picture/s.
If there are more than one picture on the original post, it will be necessary to do the insertion on each photobucket address.
It works for me and is free ....... at the moment. :up
This is only for viewing existing pictures on old posts ....... for new pictures I post, I use the upload facility. :)



I'm guessing you have a few hours to fill in the day ;-)
User avatar
User

Tony Smith

Rank

Non Member

Posts

1406

Joined

Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Location

Kent


Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: photobucket

Postby Tony Smith » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:03 pm

You having a vague moment Tony? its for third party images ie if others want to view your photo's on a forum such as this. all you are paying for is advert free photo hosting.[/quote]

Just never gave it much thought, have never seen any of the aforementioned posts about uploading photos - I just assumed if I uploaded it everyone would see it.

I didn't think you could upload pics direct from your computer?
Alpines - GTA 3.0 Turbo, GTA 3.0 Inj (Project DD), GTA 6.2 V8 (500 bhp) , R32 Skyline GTR, BMW Alpina B10 635 Highline, Alpina B10 E39 5 Series, Jaguar 4.2 XKR, Laguna 205GT, BMW 120d.
User avatar
User

stephendell

Rank

Club Member

Club Member
Posts

6752

Joined

Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:25 pm

Location

London


Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: photobucket

Postby stephendell » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Yes you can.

When you start a new post click on "upload attachment" at the bottom and then browse your computer for the files.

For a neater look click where you want the picture to go in the thread and select "place inline".

Works direct from an iPhone too.

If you have some pare time to kill you can update some of your old ones.

This way the pics are uploaded to the site and secure for posterity ie no broken links if you ever close a particular photo hosting account or they suddenly decide to become robbers lol
Trafic, Twingo GT, Vel Satis Turbo x 2, Clio V6 Proto Ph2, Vel Satis 3.5, Avantime, Alpine A610, GTA Atmo x 3, GTA Turbo x 3, R5 Gordini Turbo Mid Engine, Alpine A310 4cyl, Alpine A110, Yellow Smart


  • Advertisement

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 14 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | Renault' and 'Alpine' are trademarks of Renault S.A.S. or its subsidiaries and are used with kind permission of Renault France